Monday, May 12, 2008

In which we fill our mouth

Horan

In which we fill our mouth

_______________________________________________________________

Setup:

A bowl filled with Hershey Kisses. Narrator says: “Do you see that bowl of Hershey's Kisses? Go stand in front of it and unwrap one…Put it in your mouth but don’t bite down. Take as many as you like. Unwrap them. Put them in your mouth. But don’t bite down or swallow until the story is over.”

Content:

My kid sister would put game pieces in her mouth. She preferred the ones from the Board game “Sorry.” I believe she liked how it felt. Obviously now I find it funny, but as a child it was frustrating, like someone taking bites of your sandwich when you aren’t looking. When we would take our eyes off the board for a moment half the pieces would disappear. We would just take one look at my sister and see part of a little metal boot sticking out of her mouth. I don’t think she ever ate them, but I’m not sure where they all went. Some of the games we had to give up completely. We didn’t have enough pies to make Trivia Pursuit worth keeping. Perhaps she spat them all out in a little box she kept under the bed.

No comments: